Month: March 2016
Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879. He was certainly a genius! Even foreseeing that technology may overtake ‘common sense’.
‘FOOD FOR THOUGHT’ and CLASS DISCUSSION IDEAS at the end of article.
The day that Albert Einstein feared is well and truly here……………
Conversation with your BFF
Keeping an Eye on the Kids at the Beach
Romantic Dinner Date!
Quality Family Time
Fun Day in the Park
Treat Time for the Children
Following in Mum’s Footsteps!
Day at the Beach
Cultural Learning at the Museum
Wouldn’t we all rather see this little one engrossed in a book?
What do you do about over-use of technology both in the workplace, school or home?
We can all make a difference in any environment by:
- Setting sensible and fair boundaries. Eg. use devices only during breaks, and no texting at meal times.
- At home, encourage other activities. Visit a ‘game’ store and discover the new board games that are available now!
- Find ways to show your family that it’s not a ‘parent’ thing, but rather social behavior that has got out of hand.
MEET THE MAN WHO SAID:
“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.” Albert Einstein
Whilst we do not agree of course with every word Einstein said, it does provoke thoughts about how technology interferes with some social aspects of our lives. We need to embrace our relationships without mobile phones constantly interrupting!
For teachers and parents:
- Once you have gone through this article, open up discussions about how we can help each other to be more responsible with the use of technology, but in particular, mobile phone use.
- Ask them to be honest – what would they do if they had children of their own?
- Have the class make suggestions on large posters and place around the room.
AMAZING PEOPLE LEARNING – This unique suite of professional development resources support action learning through Amazing People Learning. These provide problem-solving, communication and leadership skills that can be applied in innovative and powerful ways.
Find the tools and learn how you can become one of those amazing successful stories!
- Work and school projects.
- Core skills models.
- Interactive project notes.
- Log in, track and revisit to see you progress.
- Access to a variety of support services such as video, articles and valuable advice.
- Individual or team basis.
- Effective, interactive approach to professional career development.
- Created by innovative business leader and psychologist, Dr Charles Margerison, this approach has been implemented at companies around the world including Shell, ExxonMobil, ICI, HSBC and Hewlett Packard. “Inspiring, Motivating and Enabling”, these resources deliver results and help individuals and organizations to function more powerfully.
AMAZING PEOPLE TOOLKIT – Amazing People Education is brought to you by Amazing People Worldwide – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students, teachers and librarians worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free AMAZING PEOPLE WORLDWIDE TOOLKIT.
AMAZING PEOPLE LIBRARY – Engaging and educational digital eBooks and Audios for schools and librarians. They include hundreds of inspirational life stories about the world’s most amazing people. The biographical interviews, known as BioViews®, are written in the first person and give a very personal perspective on what motivated and influenced amazing people. The stories have been developed and created by educational psychologist and business guru, Dr Charles Margerison. Each one is meticulously researched and based on historic facts.
Amazing People Worldwide is home to the world’s largest collection of inspirational stories and biographies about amazing people, from Walt Disney, to Marie Curie, and Shakespeare to Helen Keller. The stories are available across a range of multimedia formats, including eBook, audio, video and print, and sell globally to schools, libraries, lifelong learners and businesses. Each story is relayed from the first person perspective, relating in a very personal way, what motivated and influenced these amazing individuals. Featuring historical celebrities as well as lesser-known names, this extensive collection offers unique insights into how amazing people converted their opportunities into achievements, and can inspire people to achieve their own ambitions in life.