What do you know about some of the Amazing Aviators who made great contributions to the world of air travel?
All of these aviators had a lot in common…….particularly, COURAGE and PERSISTENCE!
Get inside the mind of such brave and courageous adventurers and discover what it was that made them achieve so much during their lifetime. All of these courageous men and women had magnificent dreams. How they turned their ideas into history making endeavours is incredible and inspiring! These unique stories really capture the essence of their strengths, confidence and the ability to achieve what they set out to do. For some, at a great personal cost.
Early aviators battled many adversities and followed dreams as they achieved great heights. Many broke several records. For the women, they broke with tradition by carving out careers in aviation. Others were great leaders with their innovations, who soon realised the huge benefits to the world. Opportunities arose and they were seized, which in turn led to successful business solutions. These strong business and leadership skills are special talents that can help us in developing and nurturing our own talents.
Thanks to early pioneers in aviation, they have helped others to further develop and experience the wonder and excitement of air travel.
- Birthdays – Ferdindand von Zeppelin 1838, Amelia Earhart 1897, Amy Johnson 1903.
- Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.
- In 1938, Howard Hughes completed the first flight around the world in 91 hours .
Get to know these Amazing Aviators and test your knowledge.
- Jacqueline Auriol, Amelia Earhart, Amy Johnson, William Boeing, George Cayley
- Yuri Gagarin, Howard Hughes, Charles Kingsford-Smith, Charles Lindbergh
- Joseph Montgolfier, Richard Pearse, Igor Sikorsky, Ferdinand von Zeppelin
- Samuel Walton, Frank Whittle and Orville Wright.
- “Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn’t be done” –
- “It is the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without the plane” –
- “I believe I can do anything. If I decide I want to be a doctor tomorrow, I’m going to be a doctor” –
- “If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true really is true, then there would be little hope for advance” –
- “It is so beautiful!” –
- To achieve what Amelia Earhart, Igor Sikorsky or Orville Wright did, they would have to posses some incredible skills. Write down as many skills and personality traits they would have had eg. cognitive ability, outgoing, self-worth, pride, strategic, dedication……………
- One aviator is also known as a philanthropist, leaving behind a most enduring legacy, a Medical Institute named after them. Who was that aviator?
- Who was responsible for the helicopter?
- Samuel Walton is best known for his development of Wal-Mart stores, how does he fit into the world of aviation?
TEACHERS & PARENTS – Harper Collins has included Amazing Aviators in their set of ELT Readers.
These titles are EDUCATIONAL, FACTUAL HISTORY stories in the form of unique BioViews® about exceptional people.
Discover a unique suite of professional development resources that support action learning through Amazing People Learning. These provide problem-solving, communication and leadership skills that can be applied in innovative and powerful ways.
The resources can be adopted on an individual or team basis. They offer an effective, interactive approach to professional career development. Created by innovative business leader and psychologist, Dr Charles Margerison, this approach has been implemented at companies around the world including Shell, ExxonMobil, ICI, HSBC and Hewlett Packard. “Inspiring, Motivating and Enabling”, these resources deliver results and help individuals and organizations to function more powerfully.
Amazing People Learning offers resources that can be used over and over on work projects. As well as the core skills models, support tools such as interactive project notes are also included. These enable learners to log and track progress, and revisit the resource easily. In addition, users have 12 months access to a variety of support services, which feature video, articles and valuable advice on how to get the most from these unique learning tools.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by Amazing People Worldwide – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free AMAZING PEOPLE WORLDWIDE TOOLKIT.
For more information see Amazing People Worldwide® or for further enquiries please contact us with your email details.
Att: InSppWeTrust, LA, CA