‘Unwrap’ your FREE eBook and Audio story for June about Mark Twain.
Mark Twain was affectionately known as the ‘Father of American Literature’ and his life story is nothing short of amazing. In this exciting title from The Amazing People Club®, you are offered a new perspective on the life of this much-loved and influential writer.
- Follow him on his travels and gain an understanding of what inspired him to write
- Discover how his determination to succeed and his strong sense of optimism, helped him overcome obstacles
- Mark Twain was a staunch supporter of women’s rights and his Votes for Women speech is considered one of the most famous in history
- Buildings associated with Mark Twain, include his birthplace in Missouri and many of his homes have been preserved as museums
- A stamped envelope was issued for ‘Mark Twain and Halley’s Comet’
He explored, dreamed and discovered, and in doing so brought us magnificent stories such as ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ and ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’.
Can you answer these questions?
- In what year was Mark Twain born?
- What was his birth name?
- What was the name of the newspaper where he worked as a typesetter?
- What inspired Mark Twain to write Roughing It which was published in 1872?
- In what year was Huckleberry Finn published?
- What was his association with Halley’s Comet?
- Simply register your email and then access these freebies via the ‘promotions’ section. Check our free items every month and be inspired!
These unique BioView® stories promote further class activities, discussions and project work. What is a BioView®? Dr Charles Margerison developed BioViews® and they really capture the student’s attention immediately, as the historical story is told in the form of a virtual biographical interview. BioViews® are educational, provide inspiration and showcases how others have not only changed our world, but how they can encourage and inspire the new generations.
We can learn a lot from the achievements of amazing people; not only in the areas for which they are acclaimed, but in the way they lived their lives. Their selfless approach to life and the many people they assisted is encouragement for all of us in times of doubt and hardship.
- Amazing People Toolkit – We invite you to please download our FREE Amazing People Toolkit.
Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don’t miss out on next month’s great educational freebies for the classroom!
- We also invite you to read our June Newsletter. What is the theme this month?
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.