‘Don’t think……Try!’ was the advice given to the young Edward Jenner by his teacher. Edward followed this advice throughout his life with amazing results! Be inspired by, Dr Edward Jenner; the ‘Father of Immunology’, the pioneer of the smallpox vaccine and the man whose works have saved countless lives, as he reveals his own incredible story. Follow Dr Jenner’s fascinating life journey from student to general practitioner and surgeon, to his astounding and innovative research into vaccination. Dr Jenner’s discovery has eradicated this very serious and contagious disease. To really understand what we are ‘not missing’ thanks to Dr Jenner, look up smallpox and be grateful at the success of our medical pioneers. Meet and appreciate Dr Edward Jenner. QUESTIONS:
- Where was Edward Jenner born?
- How did he first discover a possible cure?
- In what year were the results of his work published?
- What ‘outside’ interest did Edward Jenner have?
- At Amazing People Club we are proud to introduce our historical stories. The importance of educating everyone about how the world has developed, is a task that is not limited to the classroom. We can all be inspired by these amazing and inspirational stories.
Amazing People Toolkit – We invite you to download our FREE Amazing People Toolkit.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies. We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.amazingpeopleclub.com