For many of us, choosing a career can be daunting. These days we seem to way up the ‘pros and cons’ as to whether or not a certain career may earn us enough money or prestige. However, when we look back through history at the careers of many successful people, we find they didn’t necessarily choose their careers. They followed their dreams and natural talents. In doing so, they achieved greatness and became famous. Let’s look at some of these outstanding individuals.
- How did people choose a career years ago in the times of Christiaan Barnard, Frank Whittle, Elizabeth Garrett, Coco Chanel, Leonardo da Vinci or even Elvis Presley?
- For these incredible individuals, I guess you could say, their career chose them! Elvis is certainly a great example of how talent drives you toward a career.
How amazing were these people? Amazing Careers features many wonderful, clever people who allowed their personal talent and instinct to shine through. They worked tirelessly to achieve their goals and often faced obstacles.
- How did they overcome these obstacles? These are famous, inspirational people that we can constantly use as role models.
Dr Charles Margerison has put together a unique mix of people whose careers are very diverse in Amazing Careers. Each amazing career is explored through BioViews® which are short biographical stories, similar to interviews. Read their story or listen as they tell you all about their life through an Audio. These unique stories provide an easy way of learning about amazing people who made major contributions and changed our world.
- Teachers, write down several careers, each very different and each graduating in professionalism
- Ask students to choose one of the careers that they realistically feel they could achieve
- They then write what/how they think they could take on that particular career
- They will need to determine what they will need to achieve at each level of school or further education to commence this career
- Add what people they believe would be able to help them on their path to their chosen career
- What expectations do they have when they ‘complete’ their career education?
Share this informative ARTICLE about AMAZING ACHIEVERS written by Dr Charles and discuss with the class – there are many talented people who you can take inspiration from. These are some of the factors that determine success.
- Hard Work
- Determination and Persistence
- Outputs and Results
- Learning from Experience
- Driving Forces
- Situational Forces
- Chance and Opportunity
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies. We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.amazingpeopleclub.com.