Here we are again with another fantastic FREEBIE for your school or home libraries.
We have taken events from around the world as inspiration for this month’s FREE story:- British Travel Week, International Day of Human Space Flight, Earth Day. (click on these events to find out more).
Yuri Gagarin was an amazing person and a pioneer of SPACE TRAVEL.
- He orbited the earth as the first man in space at the age of 27!
- His tenacious spirit shows us that there is much to be learnt from the lives of others and what they achieved.
- He played a key role in the history of aviation and space travel.
- He was often referred to as ‘The Columbus of The Cosmos’. The territories he explored were of course very different to those of Columbus, but are no less amazing.
- He is from Russia!
This is a unique insight into the life of someone who had an exciting and amazing career. Students can learn a lot from the examples set by our aeronautical pioneers. As the world becomes smaller and air travel more commonplace, do we always remember those amazing people whose bravery and vision have made it possible for us to travel to the far ends of the earth? Innovation, bravery and a pioneering spirit describes these amazing individuals.
- Would you like to listen to Yuri tell you his own captivating story? Your students will find his dramatized audio most engaging and great classroom/group project work could be extended from this!
Fortunately, Yuri Gagarin did not get ‘lost in space’ as he explored the universe! He was a Soviet pilot and cosmonaut and was the first human to journey into outer space. This is truly a remarkable journey, hurtling away from the safety of earth into the unknown. Yuri was both an astronaut and an explorer!
TEAM WORK – How did Yuri end up in space?
Apart from his own ambition, Yuri would have had an amazing TEAM behind him! To what extent did he succeed by working alone and how much did he rely on teams of people to help him?
Behind every successful person, there were people who helped them succeed. In effect, each amazing person had an amazing team. Sometimes this was their family and sometimes it was people who were hired for their special organizing and support skills.
We can learn a lot from the achievements of amazing people; not only in the areas for which they are acclaimed, but in the way they worked with teams to achieve success and recognition.
- Simply register your email and then access these freebies via the ‘promotions’ section. Check our free items every month and be inspired.
- Amazing People Toolkit – We invite you to please download our FREE Amazing People Toolkit.
- Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you don’t miss out on next month’s great educational freebies for the classroom!
- We also invite you to read our April Newsletter.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.