Fore many students, this in the only Man of Steel they know! However, the ‘super man’ we are referring to was a prolific inventor. His successful and valuable creations, resulted in many patents being awarded to him.
- He is considered by many to have laid the foundation to the Industrial Revolution.
- His breakthrough in steel production techniques attracted much recognition and a successful career.
- It was his combination of innovation and business skills that made him such an amazing entrepreneur.
He was also knighted!
WHO IS THE MAN OF STEEL?
Sir Henry Bessemer. Meet the true man of steel in his BioView®. A remarkable story of creativity told in the form of a virtual biographical interview that captures many of his achievements.
- What did Henry invent at the tender age of 17?
- How many patents did Henry take out during his very creative life? (a) 19 (b) 39 (c) 59 (d) 79 (e) 109 (f) 129 ?
- What was the idea his sister gave him that made Henry a lot of money?
- When was Henry knighted?
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our freeAmazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out theseEducation Case Studies. We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video fromCastle Vale High School. For further information, please email@example.com, or visit www.amazingpeopleclub.com