…..but FIRST, let us reveal Tuesday’s ‘Who Am I’ ….
Tuesday’s Amazing Person was, Aviator, JACQUELINE AURIOL! From an early age, Jacqueline Auriol showed a keen interest in flying. However, this was frowned upon at the time, as an unsuitable career for a female. Take to the skies with this brave woman, who battled many adversities and follow her courageous journey, as she achieved great heights.
In her lifetime, she broke several records and broke tradition by carving out a career for herself in aviation. Her success will continue to inspire women wishing to forge a career in a male-dominated field and her BioView® is a fascinating read.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TRAINING – Want to learn more about other Aviators and improve your English? Harper Collins has introduced our amazing titles in their ELT Readers. They not only assist students and adults to advance their English skills, but they also provide valuable history lessons. These titles are EDUCATIONAL, FACTUAL HISTORY stories in the form of unique BioViews® about exceptional people like Mark Twain and Florence Nightingale. Harper Collins also offers great FREE RESOURCES for Teachers and Students. Meet other amazing AVIATORS and improve your English skills.
NOW HERE IS TODAY’S CHALLENGE…
Wednesday – WHO AM I?
- My surname begins with the letter ‘R’
- I was born in 1907 in England
- I was only a toddler when I attended the funeral of Florence Nightingale
- Studied science, focusing on physics
- Represented England in the long jump in the 1928 Olympic Games
- Gained a PhD in Astrophysics
- Won 2 silver medals at the first British Empire Games
- In the U.S. I furthered my studies in astrophysics and astronomy
- Returned to England and worked under Ernest Rutherford, the father of nuclear physics
- Became an Education Officer and Director of Education at the National Coal Board
- I introduced ‘action learning methods’ in coal mines and London hospitals
- Published books on management and action learning
- Received Honorary Doctor of science Degree
Who am I?
Check in tomorrow at Amazing People Education tomorrow to find out who today’s person is AND to take on the next ‘who am I’ challenge beginning with the next letter ‘C’.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.