The Amazing People Club® was founded in 2006 by psychologist and management leader Dr Charles Margerison. Dr Margerison was previously Professor of Management at the Universities of Cranfield (UK) and Queensland, Australia. He was also a co-founder of Emerald, the world’s leading publisher of management journals and databases.
The Amazing People Club is an international digitally-based publishing company. We publish inspirational books and audio titles about some of the world’s most amazing people.
How can this material assist educators and the workplace?
- Educators can utilize these captivating BioViews® to set the background for further research on a famous person or topic eg. who invented the typewriter, who flew the first air balloon?
- Students can learn more about these famous inventors, doctors, musicians, explorers, writers and scientists who made significant achievements that shaped our world eg. Dr Christiaan Barnard, Shakespeare, Mark Twain and Elvis!
- To inspire; showing how others gained success through great hardship eg. Harriett Tubman
- Goal setting; Employers and Teachers – show how to convert opportunities into achievements eg. William Boeing
Dr Margerison gained much inspiration as an author as he visited the cities and towns where people like Leonardo da Vinci, Shakespeare, Curie, Mozart, Michelangelo, Darwin, Einstein and others made their great contributions.
In doing so, he has recreated the life stories of these amazing individuals as though they were giving personal interviews.
The books and audios bring readers ‘face to face’ with many of the world’s most inspiring and influential characters from the fields of art, science, music, politics, medicine and business.
In addition, the Amazing Cities range offers unique ‘city tours‘ of cities including London, Paris, New York and Sydney where amazing people who lived in these cities become your personal historical tour guide.
Visit these Amazing Cities:
- All the stories in the series are revealed through BioViews®; storytelling that combines biography with virtual interviews.
- The lives of amazing people can be explored through their achievements, challenges and experiences in a very personal way.
- The unique format and flow enables each person’s story to come alive, as if it is being personally told to you, reflecting their interests, emotions and passions.
- These are inspirational stories that can help you achieve your ambitions in your journey through life.
Our mission is to provide stories that will inspire, educate and entertain.
We offer exclusive free products and special offers to our members on a monthly basis – please Join the Club if you are not already a member. THIS MONTH WE FEATURE PIERRE DE COUBERTIN as the world enjoys the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- Who is Pierre de Coubertin?
- Name one of Mark Twain’s books
- When was Elvis born?
- What was Florence Nightingale known as?
- What is Australia’s ‘iconic’ marsupial called?
- What IS a marsupial?
- Of the 11 cities referred to above, which one would you most like to visit AND why?
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.