What present would you give Abraham Lincoln for his birthday?
We thought a tree would make a thoughtful gift. A gift that lives on, grows strong, a thing of beauty that can be seen by many and an ongoing reminder of LIFE!
We are all like plants in some way. Our lives reflect growth. We physically and mentally grow each day. How do we make sure we make the most of our lives? People like Abraham Lincoln and other great leaders certainly made the most of theirs! Abraham Lincoln is a role model for us all.
On his birthday, students can visit Abraham Lincoln in a unique way!
Dr Charles Margerison has developed BioViews® for everyone to explore, learn and reflect on our historical geniuses. These biographical stories are awesome and engaging for the classroom. They provide inspiration and proof to students that determination, hard work and commitment pay off. Abraham Lincoln is an ideal role model.
His educational story is an effective way for you to reinforce not just work ethics, but LIFE ethics too. Students can appreciate how others have not only changed our world, but how they can encourage and inspire our generation. BioViews® capture the students attention immediately as the historical story is told in the form of a virtual biographical interview that highlight their achievements. BRING YOUR CLASSROOM TO LIFE!
President Abraham Lincoln on his way to deliver his most important speech in America called The Gettysburg Address.
Would you like to have met Abraham Lincoln and had a discussion about his life and career? Well now here is your opportunity through our unique BioView® about Abraham Lincoln.
Click HERE to view this amazing way of learning about President Abraham Lincoln and see class questions below.
As one of the most influential of all the American Presidents, his story is a fascinating journey for students.
- From a log cabin to the White House, Abraham Lincoln became an amazing leader, who played a crucial role in the abolition of slavery
- With little education, discover how this farm worker went on to become a lawyer and then the President of the USA
- His story has been explored in many ways and in this title you can gain a unique and personal insight into his inspirational life
QUESTIONS & CLASS ACTIVITY:
- What was the date and year of The Gettysburg Address?
- What was the name of the war in America at the time?
- What are the iconic words at the commencement if his speech?
- Read the speech and discuss what Abraham’s message was?
- Choose a class member to act out Abraham Lincoln delivering his speech. The rest of the class can act as the congregation.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.