That Day Has Arrived!…
The day that Albert Einstein most feared has finally arrived……
Conversation with your BFF
Keeping an Eye on the Kids at the Beach
Romantic Dinner Date!
Quality Family Time
Fun Day in the Park
Treat Time for the Children
Following in Mum’s Footsteps!
Day at the Beach
Cultural Learning at the Museum
What do you do about over-use of technology in your home? You can make a difference within your own family.
- Set sensible and fair boundaries eg no texting at meal times
- Encourage other activities…and yes! you should join in too!
- Reward and praise efforts
- Find ways to show your family that it’s not a ‘parent’ thing, but rather a social behaviour that has got out of hand
Whilst we do not agree of course with every word Einstein said, it does provoke thoughts about how technology interferes with some social aspects of our lives. We need to embrace our relationships without mobile phones constantly interrupting!
- Here are some articles by Dr Charles Margerison that you will find encouraging and informative. Click on the links highlighted.
It is often said that children do not read as much as their parents because TV and computer games take up more of their time. As a result, many people feel that reading skills need to be improved. How can we improve reading skills?
All technology is not bad! In fact, we can learn a lot from how technology has advanced in the classroom and business. Dr Margerison had been searching for a method, a technique, and a tool, that engaged students. He has since developed this educational innovation called a BioView® avatar. This is short for biographical interview and is presented in the form of an avatar video.
Our children can learn from others who succeeded. Those who discovered their special talent and developed it. Our aim is to encourage students and adults to do likewise by understanding how amazing people lived and worked. See how Dr Margerison has changed how we can learn from these amazing contributors to our world through unique Bioviews®.
The phrase, ‘it’s about time’ has been around for centuries. Time is a means of measuring inputs and outputs. Time can be converted into something of value. Therefore, as a commodity, it is an asset that is of great value to individuals and organizations, who do not wish to see time wasted or squandered. How can we use our time more effectively?
NOW MEET THE MAN WHO SAID:
“I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”
Click HERE and view his amazing BioView® by Dr Charles Margerison with your children and students.
- Once your class has gone though this article, open up discussions about how we can help each other to be more responsible with the use of technology, but in particular, mobile phone use
- Ask them to be honest – what would they do if they had children of their own?
- Have the class make suggestions on large posters and place around the room
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.