Celebrating the recent birthday of the iconic Elvis Presley on the 8th January, really brings home just how much musicians have touched our hearts.
In this unique BioView® you can meet Elvis Presley. He became a cultural icon all over the world and is one of the most famous singers of the 20th century. His Bioview® is a short biographical story, similar to an interview with Elvis.
You may know and love many of his songs and movies, but how much do you know about his real life? His story from The Amazing People Club will give students a new insight on the real life of the “The King”. They can follow him from the two-room shotgun house in Tupelo where he was born, to the time he first walked into Sun Records in Memphis, which changed his life.
Imagine life without music!
Even Albert Einstein had something to say about how music moved him – “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.”
Music is in the air – literally – with many music talent shows on the television, we are blown away by the talent of these budding artists. They may go on to become household names, just as Elvis did and the amazing musicians of the past.
- Ask students what genre of music they like?
- Create conversation and rapport in the classroom this week by introducing music in general
- Our young generation are extremely focused on music and what a great way to get to know your students and interact with them, focusing on a subject they love
- Allow them to introduce their favourite song
- Play their music and compare classical with pop and rock genres
- Open up class discussions with students imagining what they would be thinking all those years ago if they were just starting out as a musician
- How would they get their musical message across?
These historical stories are a solid foundation for teachers and parents to their children that determination, hard work and commitment pay off. These amazing short BioViews® are an interesting and effective way for you to reinforce work ethics and appreciation of how others have, not only changed our world, but to truly encourage and inspire our generation.
They really capture the students immediately as the historical subject tells their own story.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.