President Abraham Lincoln on his way to deliver his most important speech in America called The Gettysburg Address.
Would you like to have met Abraham Lincoln and had a discussion about his life and career? Well now here is your opportunity through our unique BioView® about Abraham Lincoln.
Click HERE to view this amazing way of learning about President Abraham Lincoln and see class ideas below.
As one of the most influential of all the American Presidents, his story is a fascinating journey for students.
- From a log cabin to the White House, Abraham Lincoln became an amazing leader, who played a crucial role in the abolition of slavery
- With little education, discover how this farm worker went on to become a lawyer and then the President of the USA
- His story has been explored in many ways and in this title you can gain a unique and personal insight into his inspirational life
QUESTIONS & CLASS ACTIVITY:
- What was the date and year of The Gettysburg Address?
- What was the name of the war in America at the time?
- What are the iconic words at the commencement if his speech?
- Read the speech and discuss what Abraham’s message was?
- Choose a class member to act out Abraham Lincoln delivering his speech. The rest of the class can act as the congregation.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.