DAY 4 – The mother of modern management was this Amazing Entrepreneur, Lillian Gilbreth.
Lillian Gilbreth is an inspiring example of the ‘working mother’. Discover how she coped with not only developing and running a successful business, but also mothering 12 children after the death of her husband when she was only 46 years of age.
- Her work on time management is world-renowned and her classic publications are still referred to and respected today
- She provided time and motion studies that improved productivity, profit, safety and efficiency
Maybe that was the only way she could run her own household, so why not use the principles in business also? A true entrepreneur, she used her time well and there is much that can be learned from her determination and contributions.
QUESTION: What do you think are the most important factors if you had 12 children and a business to run?
- time management
- organisational skills
* If you thought ALL OF THE ABOVE would be required, you are absolutely correct!
YOUR TASK – a diary entry: You have a diary where you write the days happenings in every night.
- Write in what happened today WITH little of the 1-6 points as listed above. How disastrous was it? Use your imagination.
- Then write your diary entry utilising all the skills noted. Compare the diary entries and then you will understand the need to apply Lillian’s ideas in your own life.
Learn more about Lillian Gilbreth at Amazing Entrepreneurs.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.