Wednesday – On Day 3 of ‘meet Amazing French’ people, let us introduce Louis Braille!
His pivotal work changed the lives of blind and visually impaired people around the
globe. Experience the source of his motivation to develop better systems to assist blind people with reading and writing. His Braille system has become a worldwide standard that has opened up opportunities for anyone suffering from vision impairment. Get to know this most inspiring story, as he reveals his own thoughts in a very unique and personal way.
- How did Louis become blind?
- How did he first discover that there may be a way for the blind to ‘read’?
- What was this first idea called?
- With the assistance of your teacher and class for safety, close your eyes and walk from your familiar seat to the front of the class to find an object.
- Write down how you felt trying to navigate just this short distance even though you are aware of your surroundings.
Celebrate the lives of these amazing five French people through this BioView®, Amazing People of France. These short biographical narratives are similar to interviews.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.