“Hello my friend, meet Louis Bleriot” – Tuesday
Discover the little-known story of Louis Bleriot, the French aviator who was the first man to fly over the English Channel.
However, this was not his only talent. Take our short activity below to learn more about this multi-talented, clever man.
- As a younger student, what did he win several class prizes for?
- Louis developed something that we would take for granted today in the automobile industry. What was it?
- Louis was inspired by others when it came to aviation. Name the man in 1900 who gave him this inspiration.
- What year did he successfully fly over the English Channel?
- How long did the flight take?
Celebrate the lives of these amazing five French people through this BioView®, Amazing People of France. These short biographical narratives are similar to interviews.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.