Here are the famous people matched up with their quotes. Did you know some of these?
Voltaire was the first quote. What do students know about Voltaire?
- “Life is thickly sown with thorns, and I know no other remedy than to pass quickly through them. The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.” ~ VOLTAIRE
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” ~ HELEN KELLER
- “A man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts, he shall end in certainties.” ~ FRANCIS BACON
- “Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” ~ CHARLES DICKENS
- “You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.” ~ MARIE CURIE
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ~ MAHATMA GANDHI
- “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” ~ ABRAHAM LINCOLN
- “Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value.” ~ ALBERT EINSTEIN
Using the names above, research and write one page about their lives.
- What are they famous for?
- Is there still a link today with these famous people?
- Can we learn from their achievements?
- What is it that we can learn?
These Amazing People are perfect role models that can ‘visit’ your classroom. Dr Charles Margerison has developed BioViews® for everyone to explore, learn and reflect on our historical geniuses. These biographical stories are awesome and engaging for the classroom. They provide inspiration and proof to students that determination, hard work and commitment pay off. These educational stories are an effective way for you to reinforce not just work ethics, but LIFE ethics too. To appreciate how others have not only changed our world, but how they can encourage and inspire our generation. They really capture the students immediately as the historical subject tells their own story. Meet them all HERE.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.