- When did the United States get the nickname UNCLE SAM?
- How did it come about?
- Research who created the ‘image’ of Uncle Sam.
- Research one of the famous Americans noted below and detail how they contributed to American history.
- Task: You are a reporter and have just been issued with an assignment to interview Percy Julian. Do you even know who he is? Research and write up your interview ready for your editor.
Many Americans have left their mark in history. What would your students say to Abraham Lincoln if they had a chance to meet him? Can they imagine what George Washington would have said if he was interviewed about his achievements? Would they like to explore how Amelia Earhart, the famous aviation pioneer, broke many speed and travel records? She inspired people all over the world.
Experience these and other inspirational stories in Amazing Americans. Students have on hand some fascinating and motivational people to use in their class activities. These amazing people helped shape the United States.
The life stories of characters including Thomas Edison, Madam Walker, Anne Burras, Percy Julian, Ben Franklin and Harriet Tubman come alive in a unique way through BioViews.
- A BioView is a short biographical story, similar to an interview. These unique stories provide an easy way to learn about amazing people who made major contributions and changed our world.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.