We will give you one – Amelia Earhart.
What about the lesser known aviation pioneers?
July 24 is Amelia Earhart’s birthday. This week we have a class challenge for your students about AVIATION.
- Can they name 5 famous aviators?
- What about these names? Richard Pearse, Katherine Stinson, Helene Dutrieu, Bram van der Stok.
- Choose one of the lesser known aviators and ask students to research their story.
- What inspired them?
- What obstacles did they overcome to be able to achieve what they did?
- Where did the word ‘Aviation’ come from?
Find out more about these amazing aviators HERE.
Aviation has opened the world to all of us. The stories told to your students by these amazing and courageous aviators through our BioViews®, are a truly captivating way to gain attention in class. What an amazing contribution these people have made to how we travel. This activity can open many ongoing educational ideas in class from the history of aviation to researching each of the famous people we have in this title.
- Have you had a look at what we have for you at The Amazing People Club? From amazing historical biographical stories to fantastic class resources, we have many ideas for teachers here. We invite you to join us. Like many other teachers, you will find our resources to be a great tool in your classroom.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.