INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS!
Celebrate Independence Day by meeting some famous Americans.
Class activity for students
OK, here’s your chance! You have been selected by your school to meet and interview some famous Americans.
- If you met Thomas Jefferson face to face, what would you ask him? What do you think he would he tell you?
- Ask Walt Disney what gave him the idea for Mickey Mouse and Disneyland and write what you think he will say.
- You are introduced to Helen Keller. Write down how you felt communicating with Helen. How did the interview go? How did you overcome the communication barrier?
- If you were asked to interview Margaret Sanger, would you need to research what she is famous for? Write an article about Margaret and deliver it to the class.
- Finally, write one to two pages on what The Declaration of Independence has done for America. Why was it important?
In celebration of INDEPENDENCE DAY in America, we invite you to read or listen as some of these famous Americans tell you their inspiring stories. Through these unique BioViews® you will learn about amazing people who made major contributions to America as you know it today (a BioView® is a short biographical story, similar to an interview).Dr Charles Margerison has written this article about some of these famous Americans. From his keen interest and in-depth research, including his travels around the world, Dr Charles has discovered how unique and vital their contributions to America have been.
Amazing People Toolkit – We invite you to please download our FREE Amazing People Toolkit.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies. We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School. For further information, please contact email@example.com, or visit www.amazingpeopleclub.com.