Girls, historical stories and inspiration isn’t all about steam engines and aviation!
Teachers, this is a great opportunity to highlight to your students, how determination, hard work and commitment pay off. Learn all about cosmetics queen, Helena Rubenstein and open up discussions about her life and creativity.
- How did she feel leaving her country and arriving in a strange land?
- How did her mind work?
- What steps did she take to make her idea work?
- How can we all apply this determination today?
These are important thought processes that we need to encourage our generation to develop.
Discover how she fled from Poland to Australia to escape an arranged marriage. This brave decision offered Helena an opportunity that would lead to her developing a cosmetics empire. Her knowledge and ideas on beauty creams and treatments enabled her to become a multi-millionaire business entrepreneur. Helena Rubenstein’s story is both fascinating and inspiring. It offers great encouragement to all, who have an idea they wish to develop.
- We can all share this with our Grandmothers and Mothers too. We are often directing much of our inspiring and educational subjects to teachers and students, but we can all take this inspiring, wonderful story about Helena Rubinstein and share it with others.
- Do you know someone who loves audio stories? Helena’s story is available in audio too. Learn how Helena influenced the cosmetic business via our audio, eBook and book.
Our BioViews® bring to life, famous people who tell you personally about their lives. Not just for teachers, these inspirational ‘stories’ are for everyone; a great tool also for parents educating at home.
Amazing People Education is brought to you by The Amazing People Club – an international education publisher that is bringing these sensational resources to students and teachers worldwide. To explore tips and tricks on classroom edu-tainment using BioViews®, please download our free Amazing Teacher Toolkit. To get involved in our direct-to-classroom resources, be sure to check out these Education Case Studies.
We would like you to try some of our amazing class starters and let us know how they were received by teachers and students. To take a peek at how some students reacted when they came face to face with Columbus and Michelangelo, please see our video from Castle Vale High School.